“Destiny is not a matter of chance,
It is a matter of choice;
It is not a thing to be waited for,
It is a thing to be achieved.”
--William Jennings Bryan
It is not often I will quote a politician who fought against Darwinism and was a staunch supporter of Prohibition, but what the hell. The quote has been staring me in the face every time I open my St. Claire’s Organic Throat Soothers box and I thought it was apropos for the moment. (FYI: I don’t have a cold; I keep my knitting stitch markers in it.)
So, yes! Sign me up! It is with renewed zeal, grit and a true sense of community-mindedness that I join up for ROW80! Thanks to my fabulous CP Debbie for recommending it and a big nod to Kait for her lovely, inspirational blog about Ghandi and Ten Rules for Writing. It has moved me to new levels of determinationedness--and making up new, long, important sounding words.
My goals for the eighty days:
1) Re-edit my MG fantasy manuscript “Dreamwalker: Isle of Glass”, putting in all the stuff my beta-readers called me on—including my overuse of hyphens and misappropriation of commas!!!
2) Learn exactly how to use a comma and a hyphen. (Thought I did know.)
3) Write and submit a magazine article. (Trying my hand at something fresh—if you will.)
4) Put the spit and polish on query and synopsis.
5) Get everything ready for querying by September 1st.
That’s all folks. See you in the ethers. And, thanks for having me.